Saturday, March 8, 2008

Slamma Jamma

Last night I took the fam to the staff basketball game at their school. The game may have been one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life. Watching the teachers play is funny enough, but my kids go to a Catholic school, so for this game the nuns took the court as well. In their habits! It was awesome watching Sister Agnes, all five foot three of her, posting up the schools' basketball court. Sister David has a wicked crossover dribble, no small feet when wearing the gear, and Sister Cabrini has a mean outside shot and drilled one from the top of the key. The event was a fundraiser, and I tell you this: I would gladly buy season tickets to watch nuns play basketball, because you know what? Nuns got game.

Oddly, Cormac did not win the basket raffle, although he and Kayleigh each snagged a school sweatshirt.

I finished my gig as assistant coach of his basketball team today, scoring a t-shirt of my own. The Huskies (UConn, my alma mater) were undefeated--which at Cormac's age, means that we survived the season without an injury. Kayleigh's team also was undefeated, and she's at an age where they actually keep score. She played a lot of minutes at point guard, and hit the game winner with 3 seconds left on the clock in her first game.

Not that I'm proud of my kids or anything. Now, if I could just rope one of the nuns into coaching with me...

No comments: