Friday, September 30, 2016

Cidade Dos Fantasmas


While I'm still shocked that the Olympic selection committee passed me over for a spot on the U.S. Men's Basketball team, at least I will be in that fine country in spirit. I'm told that Break My Heart 1,000 Times, retitled Cidade Dos Fantasmas (City of Ghosts) was released there last week--my first time any of my work has appeared in Portuguese. The Portuguese language includes my all-time favorite word in any language: saudade. Worth looking up and adding to one's ever-expanding vocabulary. Also the title of one of my favorite songs, by Love and Rockets, as I once wrote about HERE (includes partial Secret Origin).

Reports are unclear as to whether or not the word saudade appears in Cidade Dos Fantasmas.

"...in spirit." Heh heh.

No comments: