Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Margi




This piece is from HoundDoomLover, and you can see more of her work at deviant art here. I love how she captured Margi's quirky, winsome nature--and the piece is done in her favorite color, too! Sweet! Many thanks, HoundDoomLover, for your work and your permission to use it here on the site.

Did I mention that I hate winter? In case I was unclear, I hate winter. The snow. the ice. The cold. Yuck. And brilliant me, I pick yesterday to start reading The Terror by Dan Simmons, which is set in the Arctic Circle! No, I couldn't read another book about Hawaii or a desert somewhere, I had to start reading a book about the Arctic Circle.. And, of course, Dan Simmons being one of my favorite authors working today, it is great and I'll keep reading even though it causes me to feel the frostbite he so lovingly describes.

5 comments:

lzz said...

She looks pretty cool. I'll admit I can't really picture Margi real good, but she sounds like Margi. Hard to picture her in any other color besides pink though. :P

Anonymous said...

Omigosh as if you hate the winter! That's just wrong! The winter is the best time of year, when the crisp air fills your lungs and clears your head completetly and makes pretty patterns on your windscreen. It's the best ,medicine for a headache I think. (Probably a good thing I live in England.)Nothing smells bad in winter either. That's definitely plus and you can't deny it. If you try not to associate 'cold' with 'bad' you might be able to appreciate the winter. It's the best really! (P.S. Ice is just plain funny...when someone else slips on it...or when you shove it down the back of someones shirt by the fistful:D) Anyway, despite the fact that you hate winter, I think you are a very good writer and I'm looking forward to 'The kiss of Life':D
xx Aamna

Anonymous said...

Because of my earlier winter loving rant, I forgot to say that I think that picture of Margi is very cool and also, The Terror is a good book:D.
xx Aamna

Yazzeh said...

I totally have this [and virtually every other GD fan art] faved on DA *laughs*

i really hope more people put more up ^-^

Daniel Waters said...

Hi Izz!

Pink isn't just a color...it is a way of life.

Take care,
Dan

Hi Aamna!

Thank you! You almost make me sort of kind of like winter.

Take care,
Dan

Hi YazATTACK!

I hope so, too. Maybe with your inspiration...

Take care,
Dan