Sunday, December 30, 2007

Worst Movie Ever?

I watched part of what may be the worst movie ever last night. Calling it execrable may actually be overstating its worth. I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry was just awful, unless it was somehow redeemed by the remaining hour and twenty six minutes I didn't watch, although I don't see how it could have been. Offensive on many, many levels, redemptive on none that I could see, this movie was an insult to humanity entire.

I actually like many bad movies--bad movies can be endearing because they are so bad. My favorite television show ever is Mystery Science Theater, which elevates the watching of rotten movies into a comedic art form. I don't know if even the comic genius of Michael J. Nelson and the writers of MST3K could find anything to laugh about in Chuck and Larry. Did I mention that I hate Chuck and Larry.

Adam Sandler, you used to make me laugh, but now you only make me cry.

No comments: